Wonders of Wandering the Creative Writing World

"Not all those who wander are lost" just like what J.R.R Tolkien stated in his poem called Riddle Of Strider. It all means that we tend to explore and risk our life in any circumstances. No matter how much we travel, we will still find a path that can lead us into the heavenly realm. As a student, I find this quote relatable while partaking in the subject called "Creative Writing".

I remember the 1st week of school in the last week of August 2022, we are tasked to do a set of pictures representing our daily lives as a student inside our school. Fortunately, It was a group task and I was grouped with my peers. Therefore, I did not have a hard time making that activity and ended up presenting it in front of the class successfully.




Then, In 2nd week of October 2022. We wrote poems, short stories, and journal entries individually. Yet, we covered it collaboratively and made it into a book. It is quite of an experience on my side since I wrote literary texts for the first time in my life. Moreover, I enjoyed writing my short story since It is heavily inspired by my favorite game which is Genshin Impact. I learned, cherished the memories, and found my new hobby. It might be hard to think critically about the theme, diction, and topic of literary texts but It indeed made me feel delighted and perceptive.




Next, In the 1st week of December 2022. Our teacher made us practice precision in terms of details of the one-act play in regards to blockings and facial expressions of the actor(s). Hence, she made us do the 'Tableau'. For this activity, we were given a concept of what we will act in the middle of our classroom, and luckily we got a paparazzi concept for us to make a tableau with. My role is the paparazzi Itself and at that time, our blockings are not as good as we wanted it to be. So we got neutral feedback from our teacher for the effort of using props and putting the spotlight over the main actresses in our tableau.




Lastly, In January 2023, on Its third week specifically. The one-act scene play has begun, On that day of the performance, I remember waking up early and making it to the school at 5:30 AM. It felt like a roller coaster of emotions because my team barely got any sleep due to preparing the materials that were needed during those times, not to mention that our role is crucial. I was tasked to be the makeup artist for actors and as a makeup artist, I am responsible to make the actors feel confident while performing on stage. Up until now. I was still flabbergasted about what happened on that day of the performance.





"It is good to have an end journey towards; but it is the journey that matters, in the end", just like what Ursula K. Guin quoted. All throughout the first semester of partaking creative writing, It is such a nice expedition of mine. I am able to explore new experiences and learn core values that I am guaranteed that I'll remember those learnings. This journey will not cease even if It ended so quickly. Instead, these memories of my journey will strive, flourish, and be cherished for eternity.


- MONO

Comments